Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fried Chicken, anyone?

My neighborhood smells like fried chicken.  The Sylvan Park restaurant is right around the corner and everytime I ride my bike by I get a craving for fried chicken.  Oh, I am riding my bike everywhere because, apparently, there is a gas shortage here.  Mostly, people just freaked out and everyone filled up their tank on Friday.  I was driving home from work on Friday and running some errands and I noticed that there were only two gas stations open and both had lines at least a mile long.  I guess there has been a shortage for about a week.  I was oblivious to it all, I went to the gas stations last Wednesday night, but only got $20 or so because the only place I found was $4/gallon.  I don't really need a car.  I could ride my bike to work but it is a bit hilly.  I road my bike to Hillsboro Village yesterday and that is quite near work.  It was steamy and I was a little sweaty but it wasn't bad.  So, if I have to ride the bike that's ok.  I don't understand when the government investigates gas prices.  It isn't a necessity.  I mean if gas is a necessity, isn't everything?  Milk, eggs, soap, paperclips?  Why stop at gas prices?  All this bike riding has made me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment