Saturday, September 13, 2008

So I am here


After 12 years and 6 days in Tempe (ack!), I moved to Nashville, TN.  Everyone thought I would die before I left ASU but that won't be the case.  I have been here for about two weeks now and so far so good.  My parents helped me out a lot; finding a place, driving out here and putting it all together.  I think my mom was sure she was going to get me to buy a new couch, but alas I am too cheap (I'm thrifty!).  I rented a house in Sylvan Park, hard wood floors, fireplace, huge yard and lots of trees.  Chata has become an indoor cat.  I don't know if she got scared by the raccoons or the trees or what.  She certainly isn't used to all this green.  It's humid too so maybe she is just waiting for the cool down.  The house has settled, probably along time ago.  You can roll a marble from the front door to the middle of the house.  Check out the kitchen floor here, it's a little slopey.  Parts of the house have bouncy floorboards and every time I hear a new creak I get freaked that the house will collapse.  My Aunt Sharon said that at least there was only a crawl space so there wasn't far to fall.  Thanks Auntie Sharon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment